Friday, April 24, 2009

Renew Thyself

Renew thyself completely each day; do it again, and again, and forever again. ~Chinese inscription cited by Thoreau in Walden

On January 1 this year I decided to make a new year's resolution list; I hadn't made one of those since I was in school. I have done pretty well but am not where I thought I would be by now. One goal was to start eating better (and at the same time maybe lose a little weight) and start working out more consistently. I had major surgery last fall but thought I had recovered with the new year. I began running again 3+ times a week, but my body decided that that was not a good idea 5 weeks into the routine, and I haven't been able to get back to running consistently since. I am finding that my body may still be recovering and adjusting from the surgery. But I have not given up. On certain days, maybe the beginning of a new month or week or after a holiday, I think, today is January 1 again and pull out those resolutions.

This week I started a cleaner diet for the whole household. When we got back from spring break Sunday night, I decided Monday morning was January 1 again. Even though yesterday was a bit of a bump in our eat clean week (we had a birthday in the house), I got up this morning and had lost one of the pounds I gained over spring break.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...~Dory (Finding Nemo)

5 comments:

Crazee Juls said...

just keep swimming is right. I love that..Dory rocks. :) good luck with your clean eating. Our diets around here need an extreme makeover too!

Gratitude Gal said...

Hope you had a great birthday!

Renee said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS. I really like all your quotes. They are quite nice!

Carma Sez said...

I need to follow your lead and start eating better, too *cough* cheeballs *cough*
thanks for stoppin by my blog.
carma :-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great job!! Just keep going!!!!!