Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Chocolate Wishes

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
Guillaume Apollinaire (French poet, 1880-1918)

I have been cooking and baking up a storm this past week, breaking in new "clean" recipes for the family. I'm so happy that the kids have been liking the non-processed, non-HFCS meals and snacks. Most have been so good that it could be hard to lose weight.
One of my downfalls is chocolate. I began switching to dark chocolate treats a couple of years ago mainly because of all of the hype that it is better for you and of course has less sugar and fat than milk chocolate. Here's someone that is fighting the fat and is celebrating her recent weight loss with a give-away: http://happytexans.blogspot.com/2009/04/sweet-success-giveaway.html.

7 comments:

The Rambler said...

Been on a diet myself.

Chocolate and I look at each other across a room like two people about to have a torrid affair.

My weakness. Especially if on bread. Ymmmm.

Snapping out of it. :) (Diets make me loopy)

Southern Rose said...

I know what you mean. I seem to need chocolate daily. I am a better wife and mom for some reason :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh yum dark chocolate and a baguette...HEAVEN...

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Chocolate Wishes - love it!!! This was a delightful post!

You might like my diet cookbook. LOTS of good chocolate goodies in it!! And family friendly recipes everyone will love. (They will NEVER guess it's "diet"!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, chocolate...especially during *that* time of month! And when my daughter starts baking her cookies and brownies...there is my downfall! I typically "eat clean," but I admit that yesterday I bought a box of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches to eat when the family is having whatever dessert they are having. Okay, so they aren't "clean," but it 1)gets me through the chocolate urge and 2)it makes my family feel less guilty when they are eating dessert and mom is abstaining. You know, they do the "Oh, we're sorry, can't you just have a little bite? We feel bad that we're eating this..." And then you succumb...Sigh.

MaRiN said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, sorry you had to find chocolate cake recipes on the first page.....but they are yummy!

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Chocolat Wishes to you too! I thin I will grab a truffle to go with my afternoon cafe creme!